melstorm: Happy Lunar New Year!!!!
Click to play Familyt Montage
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

melstorm

Sharing my thoughts as a teacher, husband, new daddy and a son...

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Lunar New Year!!!!

Hi One and All,

Happy New Year to everyone! May the year of the Rat bring all of you and your families good health (which is the most most important) and success in all you do!

I was watching the Lunar New Year countdown and believe it or not. Although I am a Catholic and am not supposed to believe in such things...I look forward to hearing the predictions for my chinese zodiac sign alot. Sometimes when I think about it, I find it ridiculous. If the predictions are really good for that year...So EVERY SINGLE person who is born in the same year as I am is gonna have a superb year? So if its a student, then is that whole batch of kids gonna like excel and nobody fails??? Hmm....if only life was that good. Or if the geomancer says people born in that year is gonna do badly...who's gonna do well then?

But well...its still interesting nevertheless to hear the predictions. I missed the Horse one so I'll prob have to read it somewhere else. The best thing is, different Shifus say different things. The information given to them are exactly the same but of course, different Shifus will interprete it differently...

I read one particular one chinese zodiac sign prediction in 2006 written by a shifu from a temple which had a particular golden statue. (That was year of the golden dog...the year my son was born)

For Rat....It will be a good year for work, marriage....Must take care of health as the dunno which star is not in your favour. Touch the golden statue for better luck...(ok..better do it...dun pray pray)

For Ox......It will not be a good year. The dunno which stars are not looking favourably upon you. Look out for business failures. Touch the golden statue often for good luck. (Ox must also touch??)

For Tiger....It will be a relatively good year for you. Do be wary of gambling too much..(like we din know that) Touch the golden statue for more good luck...(erm...sounds familiar rite?)

ok people...you get the idea...basically...you dun touch the golden statue...you are done for baby!!

BUT...even though I sound skeptical...My family and I still read those put out in places like Chinatown and Bugis.

In fact, after my dad read the prediction for his zodiac sign. (indicating a good year for him) he started to talk about how he did this thing rite and that thing rite and how it all contributed to a good year...erm...din have the heart to tell him that the new year has not officially started yet...Its amazing isn't it? Sometimes after we read such things, we simply attribute eveything, good or bad, to all the predictions rolled out at the start of the lunar new year...

Well....nvm...GONG XI FA CAI EVERYONE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home