melstorm: Formula 1 ROX!!!!!!!!!
Click to play Familyt Montage
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

melstorm

Sharing my thoughts as a teacher, husband, new daddy and a son...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Formula 1 ROX!!!!!!!!!


Selamat Hari Raya
Maaf Zahir Dan Batin! ")
(Hope I got it right...Maaf to all my muslim students, colleagues and friends if I got it wrong..)

The first ever formula 1 night race has ended and I WAS PART OF IT!!
Due to extra lessons, I could not attend the fri and sat practice and qualifying races but I went for the one that mattered most! The actual night race itself!!
I was like really lucky as I ended my sec 2 class in Sengkang at 6pm and I had to rush home before I headed down to the race. I went with my brother, my da sao (sis in law) and my good old pal Terrence Sim (Yufen couldn't come cuz she's in confinement) who is a speed freak. As we were making our way to the race ground and walking thru Marina Square, the racers took off for a practice and I heard the sound for the very first time...
I am telling you, the sound is like...I cannot describe it man...Its like two Ferraris or two Lamborghinis (or maybe all four together!) reving at the same time...If you have heard of any Ferrari engine...just imagine, its ten times the sound...so high pitched...so loud...BEST!!
Lets be frank here, I din like pay to get the best seats so the seats weren't fantastic but believe me...you pay for the sound...When they all zoomed past...its so cool...so macho...you just wanna get in one and drive it yourself...or actually...you just wanna work harder so that you can own a supercar...A Lamborghini Gallardo will be my dream for the next 5 years...or maybe 50 years...hope not...If I ever get a Supercar...I'm gonna take it on the track before they close it up for F1 man...
Frankly, I have to salute the government and the business people involved for having the courage and vision to bring in the F1 and also making it the first night race..I guess this is a classic example of thinking out of the box...At first, I was skeptical myself...would it work? The tic sales weren't going well at first but in the end it was like almost completely sold out.
I think the rest of the world were the judges as to whether it was a success or not...Everyone from the the head of F1 to the drivers to the spectators to the average Singaporean came to a unanimous decision that we are giving Monaco a run for its 'Jewel of F1' tag...Imagine...Our little sunny Singapore...being compared to Monaco...Believe me guys, Singapore has cemented her place in the Global cities's 'Champions League'....And I am proud of it...As I sat at my seat taking in the breathtaking view of our scenic night sky...I kinda found it hard to believe that just 43 years ago...People wondered if we could even survive as a country...In fact, when the Sands IR is up..the view is gonna be 10 times greater!
Can you believe it? I was actually asking myself in April if I should go for F1...As usual, consultation with my dearest wife always works...She said, " Its the FIRST EVER NIGHT RACE....Dun regret while you are watching tv at home and say I should have gone..." Well...Thats why she is my wife...She knows me best.. :)
Looking forward to the next F1...
Here are a couple of pics..Enjoy...")

To my Dearest P6 kids...Just slightly over a week to go...Hang it there...

I will be praying for you guys...
God Bless you all















I have told you kids many times before..short

people are generally charming and successful..

look at 'my friends'!

") ") ")

1 Comments:

Blogger eggyork.blogspot.com said...

funny i am cheng york hi

November 6, 2008 at 3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home