melstorm: My Dearest Melanie! :)
Click to play Familyt Montage
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

melstorm

Sharing my thoughts as a teacher, husband, new daddy and a son...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Dearest Melanie! :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry to have kept you guys waiting. I have just downloaded Melanie's pictures and I am gonna put up a couple of the pictures we took at the hospital and also at home.

Well, but first, here's Melanie's Whirlwind birth story.

Hmm...where shall I begin???

Well, let me start from the 6th of September 2008. I had just ended a really good session with my sec2 kids in Woodlands and it was like 530. I left as I had no extra lesson that day and headed home. We then headed down to the Soup Restaurant at Seah Street to have a nice chinese dinner and proceeded to Raffles Hotel to buy my parents the really famous and unique Raffles Hotel mooncakes.

We walked around Raffles City and I bought Marcus this 'plug into tv' kinda computer game of Spiderman 3. It then started to rain and I had to run in the rain to get the car while Marcus and Yufen waited at the shopping centre. Call me crazy...but running in the rain is kinda fun sometimes, for as long as it lasted, it felt fun. I remembered seeing a Ferrari 599 in the carpark just before I exited...wonder when I am gonna get mine...

We reached home at 930 or 10pm. Yufen washed Marcus up and they went to bed. I did some marking and some mail checking and was ready to turn in at 1230am when I found Yufen awake...I new something was wrong but as usual, she did not want to alert me and then let it turn out to be a false alarm. After ten minutes of monitoring, she told me...' I think meimei is coming out today...'

THATS IT!!!!!!! I sprang into action...I grabbed the 'hospital bag' that we had packed way before, called my mum to walk over from her place to mine (which takes like 2 mins) and then went out to start the engine...Move aside Hamilton...My little princess is comin out today man!!!

My mum and dad came over in like 10 mins. We drove off immediately and the drive was a really stressful one...On one hand (literally), I had to drive really fast and still be SUPER safe, on the other hand (literally again), i had to comfort and reassure my dear who was in so much pain...

We reacher the hospital at 110am...Yufen was in a hell lotta pain and I had to really help her into the ward where the nurses took over. At the point in time, I still thought I had at least 2 hours more before I got to see Melanie for the 1st time...God had other plans for us...

As I was doing the admission and making calls to arrange for a relief teacher for my classes, the cleaner ran out and called for me to go in cuz Yufen was gonna give birth!! I ran in and saw her holding onto the laughing gas mask and in IMMENSE pain...I held her hand...All I remembered next was all the panic in the room with the nurses firmly delivering instructions here and there...Next thing I knew, my gynae walked in, (just in case you din know, the gynae only comes in when you are like close to 20mins from birth...Yufen went into labour at 3am for Mrcus and he only came in at 12pm!) his look told me it was time. Yufen perserved amd screamed liked there was no tomorrow...I held onto her tight...almost feeling guilty that I could not somehow share this pain with her...that she had to bear it all by heraself without epidural (super strong pain-killers, pp who use it can actually go through close to painless birth!)

Then I saw her...alot more hair than Marcus but I kinda felt she really looked like him...Melanie...My little princess...arrived in this world at 127am...17 mins after I reached the hospital...It was so frantic that they din even ask me if i wanted to cut her umbilical cord..there was simply no time...Well...din matter really...as long as the two women of my life were fine...Yufen heaved a HUGE sigh of relief and she then relaxed...

Surprisingly, Yufen recovered very well and quickly after giving going through it all without epidural..She really is amazing... :)

Here are some pics..will share more about Melanie External....now that enough has been said about Melanie Internal...

Enjoy... :)

Thank God for His Wonderful Gift....

Hmmmm....Which of my students will my little princess be like???? I wonder....














































See How Marcus Loves his meimei....


Anyway, I love her chinese name....


Huang2 Jing4 Xuan1


And just in case you are wondering...No...I din name her after Felicia Chin...Its on the advice of the Fengshui Master...
God Bless you all....

















1 Comments:

Blogger Ching Yee said...

Hi Mr Ng ,
I am one of your students in Saturday P6 class , Ching Yee ,
Congrates , >.0
Nice blog too !

September 21, 2008 at 3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home